#32 – W.J.Toombs House. The gable of this Greek Revival house
33 – Known as “the Lodge” because it served as a guest house for the Parks and McCulloughs whose 1864 mansion is across the street. Now a school with many wings and alterations, the original house, built by Martin B. Scott, is in the middle.
Take a walk through the Historic Park-McCullough House grounds. Visit the ‘Big House’ and see what Trenor and Laura Hall Park built in 1864 in their village with money from the California gold rush.
The Hall – Park - McCullough family was a generous contributor to the betterment of the village. Hiland Hall and John McCullough served as governors of Vermont.
The Hiland Hall farmhouse is beyond the Big House.
Church St was not here in 1856. This was Hall and Colvin farm land.
The North Bennington Graded School was built in with the help of Hiland Hall and Trenor Park.