#4a – Hawkes, Loomis & Co. store, rear
The back of the building is the service side - note loading doors on every floor and the hoist cover at the peak of the roof. The corner columns (pilasters) are well defined, with bases and capitals. There is no skimping even at the warehouse end of the store.
Walk up Nash Street, which wasn’t here. Nor were#8 - the 1965 fire station,
#9 - the livery stable, and
#10 - Nash’s blacksmith shop.
All were part of a world to come in 1856.
Post a Comment